Thursday, November 12, 2009

God still speaks; it's up to us to listen!

I am so excited that I serve such an amazing, loving, wonderful God!!!! I have to share my God moment from yesterday. Jim and I have been having a rough time lately. There are issues that go back years we are still struggling with and the added stress of "the contractor". (see other blogs about that issue) Plus Jim's working 7 12+ hour days. So anyway, I drive past a church every day that has a sign out front that has Col. 3:17 on it but the verse isn't listed. Now, you bible scholars may already know what that verse is. But I didn't and I've been meaning to look it up. Well, yesterday as I'm driving home and praying about the issues at hand, I notice that sign again. I kept driving and praying and something told me to look it up right then. Here I go, pulling over on the side of the highway in the semi-dark. I pull out my bible and flip to it. Col 3:17 says "And whatever you do,whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him." What does that have to do with marriage, you ask? Ah, this is where my God gets so amazing! It wasn't Col 3:17 He wanted me to see. As I'm about to close my bible thinking "um, okay God, what was that?", I notice I had previously underlined the next three verses. Wanna guess what those verses say??? Okay, I'll just tell ya. Col 3:18 "Wives, submit to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord." Making sense? Col 3:19 "Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them." Now tell me that my God isn't loving and great! There He was,telling me that all would be okay if we just trusted Him. I immediately called my sister to tell her and texted Jim to tell him. Our issues and stresses didn't automatically go away but I did get such an overwhelming sense of peace. God didn't promise us we'd have perfect lives and always be happy. Matter-of-fact, He said just the opposite. We will have trials and tribulations and hard times, to bring us closer to HIM. I worshipped with my contemporary christian music on the way in this morning and I feel revived! Can I get an AMEN?!

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment